Sunday, February 10, 2008

sundays, etc.

Sundays are an anomaly for me. Sometimes I love them, sometimes I hate them. I haven't decided which to feel today. We're going to a friend's house later to visit and play cards. They just had a baby and she's absolutely beautiful. Did I mention I love babies? My mother thinks my maternal instinct is in overdrive. She's right.

I'm getting my groove on very slowly at school. It's a challenge to teach kindergartners how to read. Kindergarten is no longer all fun and play and naptime. Now kids are expected to know WAY more before first grade and sometimes it's beyond their developmental capabilities. Frustrating. But I keep on keepin' on... I'm getting to the last part of my first official year of teaching elementary school and I'm so glad I made the change from preschool!

I just finished crocheting a cute little purse for myself just in time for V-Day. Some projects are laborious and I can't wait to finish them. With this one, I was almost a little sad to finish it.


I'm still debating whether or not to add the ribbon that is supposed to go through the tall stitches toward the top. The ribbon I had originally chosen won't work with it so I might try to find another one. The pattern is from Interweave Crochet Magazine (Winter 2007)

No comments:

Post a Comment