Sunday, May 3, 2009

truly ugly crochet...

Have you seen What Not to Crochet? It's a hilarious blog that showcases crocheted items that should probably have stayed just a skein of yarn.

It was in this vein that I decided to post my own bad crochet... this is awful. Bad color, bad shape, bad everything! I think it's too ugly to use and too ugly to frog, and I haven't even tried the flap or the strap.

I started out trying to make the cutest bag from the July/August '07 issue of Crochet Today, but decided that I needed to make it bigger and use a large hook and two strands of yarn.

That, combined with abandoning the pattern in favor of what I assumed was my own stellar idea of how to shape the bag resulted in the horrific sight you see below.

Moral of this story... making a pattern your own can be fun and rewarding, but tread with caution!


No comments:

Post a Comment