Saturday, January 1, 2011

2011? where did 2010 go?

Happy New Year, friends. The last month has been filled with all sorts of craziness, and I'm not even talking about Christmas...

Hubby and I just got home last night after 7 days with his family in Massachussetts. Before that I spent about a week in Florida with my own family. I love to see our families, but it's a relief to be home, sleeping in our own bed, sitting on our own couch, just me and Hubby.

Sadly, we also came home to a very sick goldfish. Superfish has been part of our family for over two years. He was a tiny feeder goldfish that came as part of an animal unit that I teach to my kindergartners every year. My whole class voted to name him Superfish and at the end of the school year in 2008 he was the only goldfish that survived, so I brought him home.

While we were gone he got some sort of icky infection... he was still breathing when we got home around 9:30 after traveling all day but he didn't make it through the night.

My sweet husband dug a hole in our snowy frozen tundra of a backyard so we could bury him properly. It was really sad... we loved that crazy fish.

I'm really hoping 2011 gets better...

1 comment:

  1. So sad...no way to start a new year, for sure. I've been really attached to a goldfish before, too. I get it. :(

    ReplyDelete