Tuesday, January 25, 2011

just breathe

January is always a busy month for me... in addition to cleaning up from Christmas and celebrating my birthday, it's also my wedding anniversary and a huge testing month at school. I've only just stopped to breathe!

Only in the last couple of days have I gotten back into sewing and crocheting. I (FINALLY) started quilting my quilt along quilt... only six months late. I was so scared about quilting into the quilt top that I didn't do anything for a long time. I sort of punked out... I'm not doing free motion stippling (I still suck at that and need more practice), I'm stitching in the ditch with my walking foot.

Photobucket

I dove into my project list and started this baby quilt for a friend who has a sweet baby girl due in just one week!

Photobucket

I've also amassed quite the collection of vintage pillowcases... I see a vintage quilt in my future!

Photobucket

These two are my favorites:

Photobucket

I'm hoping to complete several quilts in 2011. Notice I said "hoping". Gotta leave myself some wiggle room. :)

4 comments:

  1. Love the idea of making a quilt top from vintage pillowcases! That will make a sweet, homey quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. lots of cuteness here today!

    yep, the wiggle room is good! i have none in my crafting life right now and i am already looking forward to fun sewing....in about one month!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait to see the quilt-a-long finished product! The pillowcase quilt is going to be awesome. I think my parents had those green and orange ones... :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I absolutely love vintage pillowcases for quilts! They make the bestest, softest quilts!
    I can't wait to see your minky backed quilt you're making for your friends baby!

    ReplyDelete