Tuesday, February 1, 2011

modern quilt guild

Remember the quilt retreat I went to in November? Well, it turns out that several of the ladies who live locally had formed a chapter of the Modern Quilt Guild, and they invited me to join. Last Saturday was our first meeting of the new year, and five of us spent the day sewing and chatting.

I finished piecing and partially basted (I would have completely basted it but ran out of pins) Rory's quilt. Rory was born this past Sunday. Mom is a good friend from school. For her quilt I'm using an Eden charm pack by Lila Tueller for Moda.

Photobucket

I also started piecing Emily's quilt... Emily was born in late December and is the daughter of some of our college friends. Here, I'm using an It's a Hoot charm pack by MoMo for Moda.

Photobucket

Do you sense a Moda theme? I must have Moda fever, because I also have a Bliss charm pack and a Punctuation charm pack that I'm going to use next.

At any rate, I had a great time on Saturday! Next month we are going to learn to piece hexagons from Penny. I'm excited to learn something new!

1 comment:

  1. I love the quilts (and all the Moda)!! And what a great way to keep up with your project list. I need to see if there is something like that around here. For busy moms who don't have their craft/sewing area set up yet... haha. :)

    ReplyDelete