Saturday, July 3, 2010

versatile blogger

My bloggy friend Nancy gave me the Versatile Blogger Award! I suppose this speaks to my inability to commit to only one crafty genre... short attention span, much? :)




The rules for this award are simple. Thank the person who gave you the award, tell seven things about yourself and pass the award along to some bloggers you love.

Thanks, Nancy! Truthfully, I love all the crafty things I do and I really think that sticking to only one thing all the time could get very boring!

And now for seven things about me...

1. Repetitive noises drive me nuts! Snapping, whistling, humming, etc. tend to send me into a red rage... okay, maybe not a red rage, but I don't tolerate them well. Thanks for passing that particular little quirk down the line, Mom!

2. I'm a definite bookworm, but I don't read the kind of books that broaden your horizons and make you smarter. Nope, that's not for me! I read purely for pleasure... mysteries and chick lit top my list. Plus, I'm a closet Twilight fan... I loved all the books and movies and feel ridiculous for it, but who cares?

3. I love, love, love country music! I have since I was twelve or thirteen... and I also love to crank a really good song in the car and sing at the top of my lungs, bopping up and down at the same time. Sometimes I bop up and down AND side to side. :) I really don't care who sees me or what they think, haha!

4. I love my job... I think Kindergarten is a great age for me, and I'm feeling more comfortable in my teaching skin... learning lots and challenging myself to be the best teacher I can. But even more than that...

5. I LOVE SUMMER!! To be completely honest, it's one of the best parts of being a teacher. I think it's so important to prevent burnout, for teachers AND their students. I love the time off to rejuvenate and relax and be lazy. I can be REALLY lazy if I want. I'm very good at it. ;)

6. I've lived in Colorado for almost four years, and I love it here! As a native Florida girl, I though that was the most beautiful place on Earth with beaches and water as far as the eye could see. But since we've come here, I've fallen in love with the mountains... plus, if you can see the mountains, you always know where you are direction-wise. It's very helpful when navigating for a husband who has this *thing* about not making u-turns.

7. I hate cleaning the bathroom. (This one's for you, Nancy!) In fact, I hate it so much that I'm debating getting a cleaning service in regularly to do it for me. Don't tell my husband.

If you're still awake, I'd like to pass this award onto Mia! Go and show her some bloggy love, whydontcha?

2 comments:

  1. Haha! How does that first item work out for you in Kindergarten? :D
    Too bad we don't live closer together or we might be able to work out that bathroom thing...

    (ps - I liked the Twilight books too...)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Funny you mention that, Nancy... year before last I had a little boy who whistled incessantly-- he drove me nuts!

    ReplyDelete