Friday, January 13, 2012

finish it up friday

I love finishing projects. For me, it's not about the process... sometimes I find that tedious and stressful. But when I finish something and can look at it and pet it and admire it, I feel pretty good. Is that weird? I know a lot of crafters are all about the process.

Anyway, I finished a couple of things this week, one of which I reaaaaaally love. But more about that later.

I had embellished several cloth diapers to use as burp cloths over the summer, and I really like using them (as much as a person can like wiping up baby puke. But that's a whole 'nother story.). It's helpful too, because it's easier to distinguish dirty from clean. So I did a set of eight more burp cloths.

100_1379

And now for my favorite. A few days ago, I finished this little pretty up for myself.

100_1380

It's a travel sewing kit. I used the tutorial from lots of pink here. I absolutely adore the nesting doll fabric. That came from Laura as part of a swap and I love it! I've always had a thing for matryoshka dolls.

100_1383

I made a similar kit for Penny for our MQG's Secret Santa in December, and I loved it so much I had to make one for myself! Here's Penny's: (Thanks Michelle for taking the pic! :) )

img_2416

Finishing projects feels so good! I'm linking up with Finish it Up Friday over at crazy mom quilts.

4 comments:

  1. Love! And I totally get the baby puke thing. If you have something pretty to clean it up, at least it's something!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that doll fabric too!! I really like that sewing kit, I will have to add that to my (loooooong, long, way too long) list of projects I want to make!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh my, what cute little sewing kits! i love the addition of the ribbon around the middle!

    ReplyDelete