Friday, August 17, 2012

what i did this summer

I found three different posts in draft form that I never finished (obviously). This includes Emma's eleven month pictures. She's over a year now, so I guess that post is moot. I'll have to post her 12 month pictures soon.

Life the last few months has been insane! We put our townhouse on the market in May and got an offer a few weeks later. Our house hunting intensified and we made an offer on a house about five  miles away from the old one.

Unfortunately, the contract on our townhouse fell through and we had a few very tense weeks of being back on the market before we got a new offer, and we close on the old house next week.

In the meantime, we moved into our new house (about three weeks ago) and are getting settled. I hate moving. I hate packing. I hate unpacking.

I've also realized that I dislike almost every painted wall in the house. Argh.

Emma handled the move with surprising ease, although her napping habits have changed drastically since her birthday. She doesn't like taking them anymore.

I haven't been doing any sewing lately, but I stare at my WIP bag regularly. It involves this...

Handstitched Project, Week 2

hopefully I can get back to it soon!

3 comments:

  1. Crap! How did I not know that you sold your townhouse?!?! And I saw you two days in a row! I loved snuggling Emma today! She's so fantastic! Can't wait to see you again next week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats Carmen! I love packing AND unpacking. lol I seriously have issues. It's the teacher in me, maybe? It feels like the beginning of school, all possibilities and blank slates! Can't wait to see the baby pics. I started school on the 23rd so....that's my life right now. You know the drill! LOVE that block, holy cow. xoxo Mia

    ReplyDelete
  3. we may move in the next few months and our house is still not ready to put on the market. there is never enough time in the day....
    good luck with your new place.
    i love that WIP. so pretty.

    ReplyDelete