Friday, September 18, 2009

i really don't have to do it myself?

Oh boy. Oh boy oh boy oh boy. My mom and stepdad are coming for a short visit tomorrow. My in-laws are coming next weekend. And I've been so busy at school that the house is a wreck: cluttered, messy, dirty, gross, disgusting... you get the picture.

That's the problem. The solution? A cleaning service! I've never had someone clean my house for me before... it's a very novel idea. Hubby was not happy about it because it means spending money. But for me, it's definitely money well spent. I don't have to clean tubs or toilets? I don't have to vacuum floors? I don't have to mop the kitchen? LOVE IT!

I called a local cleaning service. The nice man on the other end asked me what kind of cleaning I wanted. A general clean? A spring-clean type of deep clean? I told him I wanted a My-Mother-is-coming-this-weekend-and-my-Mother-in-law-is-coming-next-weekend type clean. He laughed. I wasn't kidding.

Luckily, he correctly deduced I just need a general clean. There's really no time for a deep clean, anyway. So a cleaning team is coming this morning and all I'll need to do is declutter. Which is a massive job in and of itself. Wish me luck.

1 comment:

  1. Yay for the cavalry! :) It must be the beginning of the school year, because just this week, I was telling my husband the same thing! I don't mind the day-to-day stuff, but man, I would love if somebody could do the mopping and the bathrooms.

    ReplyDelete