Tuesday, March 15, 2011

{baby update} 19 weeks

I figured it was time to post a baby update! I'm sure you all are riveted. :)

Size of baby: a small chicken breast. All of the size comparisons in What to Expect When You're Expecting use food. Weird but true.

Total Weight Gain/Loss: I've lost 4 pounds since December. Also weird, but true. Especially since my belly has definitely expanded.

Clothes: Maternity pants and shirts to maximize the belly!

Gender: Ultrasound is scheduled for March 25th. Ten days! (Not that I'm counting, lol.)

Movement: Flutters in the beginning of last week, more solid movements later on. Sometimes it feels like Baby is doing jumping jacks in my belly. Especially when I'm sitting down.

What I miss: Diet Coke. Deli meat. Bleu cheese. Ahhh, bleu cheese, how I miss you!

Cravings: Chocolate milkshakes. I've had six in the last week alone. Also, cereal. Doesn't matter what kind!

Interesting to note: I slipped and fell on the stairs on Saturday. I've got a huge purple bruise on my rear. Baby is okay... we went to the emergency room to make sure. I was pretty freaked out!

Also, if I think too hard about how Baby's moving in my tummy, I start to get a little weirded out and feel like an alien experiment. I mean, there's a HUMAN GROWING INSIDE ME!! Unreal. So I try not to think about it, just enjoy the feeling.*

Photobucket

*Sorry for the blurry photo.

3 comments:

  1. I slipped and fell on the stairs when pregnant with Tade, too. Very scary. I think pregnancy changes your center of balance enough to make it harder to stay upright! Glad everything's okay, though! Looking forward to hearing if it's a boy or girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So exciting! :) Glad the fall just gave you a technicolor bruise. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sp happy for you and you look so pretty in your gray dress!

    ReplyDelete