Tuesday, November 13, 2012

crazy mom quilts retreat 2012

For the third year in a row I was able to spend a weekend sewing with Amanda Jean of crazy mom quilts! She is the co-author of one of my favorite quilting books, Sunday Morning Quilts. I always enjoy hanging out with her and Tara at the fabulous B&B that Tara runs. There is always yummy food, plenty of laughter, and lots of sewing time!

As per usual, my camera stayed stuffed in the bottom of my purse, but I took some pictures of all my goodies as soon as I got home (after I kissed my baby, of course!).

Here's the adorable nametag that Tara made:

crazymomquilts retreat 2012 (1)

And some swag and prizes! I won a a set of Wonder Clips and a fat eighth bundle of Liberty, yay! Plus Amanda signed my copy of her book (which if you've been following Instagram, you'll know I found it just in the nick of time! I'm @seaschellquilts).

We also did a potholder swap... I got the awesome set that Tara made! And I snagged some great scraps out of the scrap bin. Not that I needed more scraps, but who can resist?

crazymomquilts retreat 2012 (3)

This great Liberty tote was part of my fat eighth bundle!

crazymomquilts retreat 2012 (2)

Hannah made this lovely Nicey Jane quilt top at the retreat. Nicey Jane is one of my favorite fabric collections and I reeeally loved this quilt!!! (So I guess I did bring my camera out after all, ha!)

crazymomquilts retreat 2012 (5)

This is what I worked on at the retreat... a curtain for our kitchen window. At night it was very creepy in the kitchen... anyone could see in, but I couldn't see out. Not that people were clamoring to see into my kitchen, lol.

kitchen curtain 1


kitchen curtain 2

I love that it just hangs on clips... no pocket for the rod needed... and I can just push it aside during the day to let in all that great natural light.

kitchen curtain 3
 
I didn't realize how satisfying it would be to have something I made be so functional in the house!


4 comments:

  1. I thought that retreat was happening sometime soon. I loved going to the retreat this spring with Penny! Tara's food is amazing, so I can't wait for this baby to be weaned so I can spend a few nights away again. :)

    I love your curtain, what a genius idea to use clips. I may have to borrow that design idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow when you spread it all out like that, it looks like tons of loot! I AM MENTAL! See you Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Sounds like so much fun! I love the quilt top!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Sounds like so much fun! I love the quilt top!

    ReplyDelete