Sunday, May 9, 2010

mother's day bouquet

I found this great tutorial over at MADE for lovely no-sew flowers. I decided to make it for my mom for Mother's Day.

Here's the first one:

Photobucket


Yuck. Not good at all. Looks nothing like the photos on MADE! The second one was only marginally better:

Photobucket


Eek! Still scary. Third (and fourth, and fifth, etc.) time's a charm:

Photobucket


MUCH better! This one is actually my favorite. I ended up making a dozen, and here's the final product:

Photobucket


So pretty! I wanted to keep it for myself, but then I'd be left without something for my mom. So I went ahead and gave it to her... it looked lovely on a side table in her living room. I had a glass vase handy and put some crinkled paper in the bottom that matched the fabrics perfectly!

Photobucket


I did make a couple of modifications. I used pinking shears on the top edge of each flower, to minimize fraying. I also left off the bottom felt part... I wasn't crazy about that part and thought my flowers looked great without it.

Photobucket


This was a great tute! Easy peasy, lemon squeezy. :) Perfectly suited to my instant-craft-gratification gene. I love this next photo... I was trying to take a shot of the other side of the yellow flower, and inadvertently focused on the whole bouquet on the floor. So neat!

Photobucket


I'm definitely going to be making some more of these for gifts (and myself!)

2 comments:

  1. So cute! I wish I had seen this before. Also, I love your new banner!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mia, thank you! I'm excited that I figured out how to do it. :) (the flowers AND the banner, haha)

    ReplyDelete