Sunday, April 4, 2010

happy easter!

My mom and stepdad are visiting for Easter, so I bought tulips to put in the guest room. Tulips are one of my favorite types of flower!

Photobucket


Last night we dyed eggs (well, I dyed most of them and managed to get my mother involved whilst Hubby and my stepdad subjected us to ridicule... party poopers). I had the newest issue of Martha Stewart Living and thought the eggs on the cover were just gorgeous... much more sophisticated than regular old Easter eggs! I used electrical tape to make stencils for a few eggs.

Photobucket


This next one is my favorite. I dipped it in orange with electrical tape on it and then took off the tape and dipped it in yellow. It's a subtle look, but I love it!

Photobucket


I also read this blog regularly and loved how their eggs turned out. So, without further ado....

Photobucket

I used them as place cards on the table... they aren't as pretty as I'd hoped but not bad for a last minute night-before-Easter project!

2 comments:

  1. I think your eggs look great, Carmen! Tulips are also my favorite flower. I am dreaming of the day we buy a house and I can plant tulip everywhere! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! Unfortunately, the tulips are looking sad and droopy now. Guess it's time to get new ones!

    ReplyDelete