Sunday, August 29, 2010

this and that

Well, August kicked my butt and I can't say I'm sorry to see September come along. A ginormous class size has taken some getting used to, but we're getting into the Kindergarten groove and I'm hoping things will settle down into routine pretty quickly.

In the meantime, lots has been going on at home, too! We hosted my brother in law and a friend of his for a few days a couple weeks ago, and will host my sister and her boyfriend this coming weekend.

I finally got my sewing machine back (YAY!!) but have had no time to finish the several projects on my list (BOO!!). Actually, I have time now, but I decided to update the long-neglected blog and read. Priorities, people. :)

What am I reading, you ask? Excellent question! I just got this book...

Photobucket


...which I had been lusting after for a while, and I'm getting excited about pulling the sewing machine off of the kitchen chair where it's hiding and going through the projects, lesson by lesson.

Stitch by Stitch is really a beautiful book. The photos are gorgeous and I love the spiral binding.

Photobucket


You can read bloggy reviews of this book here, here, and here.

Oh! I almost forgot my most recent piece of news! I signed up for a quilter's workshop/retreat in November in the next town over. It'll be my first one and I'm super excited!

3 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for all the nice words--I'm thrilled you love the book! I hope it answers all your questions and can't wait to see what you make!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, thanks for the book rec! Love sewing books that actually *help* me. Just saying.

    Class size. I feel ya. I'm not even sure what to say, just that it's really not cool. :)

    ReplyDelete